Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 6

Let's Math!

What a disaster....

Top lines of the week --> petrol price hike 41% from the previous subsidised price. I'm not going to ask the significant reason for this hike but why all in a sudden. People are getting enough for food price hike and cost of living and now petrol, diesel, and also electricity tariff increament. Come on, give us a break! I'm not saying that those hike are absurd but at least give a few days for everyone to get ready before the execution. That easy!

The government had annouced of giving the subsidy by cash for the vehicle owner when they renew their road tax. They will be given 150 for motocycle and 625 for a car A YEAR! Ok, now lets calculate who will win this time. I've chosen a car for this case study.

A year consist of 52 week. I chose a week because most of us fill up the fuel once or twice a week.

RM 625 a year = RM 12.02 a week



The hike is RM 0.78 for a litre. So lets see how many litres they subsidised our fuel for a week.

RM 12.02 / RM 0.78 = 15.41 L



Now we calculate how much (before the hike) the maximum amount we pay in order to get that RM 625 enough for a year.

15.41 L x RM 1.92 = RM 29.59



That's mean that the new structur of subsidy only beneficial for those who spend less than RM 29.59 a week. Anybody? Unless they use lower than 1.3cc cars and travel less than 100 km a week.

I'm using Wira Aeroback 1.5. Before the price hike, in order to get the tank to full, I had to pay RM 54. My school is situated 60km away from my home. So I had to fill up the tank twice a week.

RM 54 x 2 = RM 108



Now lets see how much i have to pay after the hike

RM 0.78 / RM 1.92 = 41%
41% x RM 108 = RM 44.28
Total --> RM 108 + RM 44.28 = RM 152.28
Minus subsidy --> RM 152.28 - RM 12.02 = RM 140.26



Now we count my monthly expenses for fuel before and after the hike

Before --> RM 108 x 4.5 weeks = RM 486
After --> RM 104.26 x 4.5 weeks = RM 632



My fuel expenses will increase RM 144 a month rather than before??? This is really absurd. What expenses i had to cut off? Car loan? Education loan? Duit kopi for my mum and grannies? My saving for my wedding? Monthly allowance? Lu pikirlah sendiri.


Pleasant listening :No Air by Jordin Spark feat Chris Brown
Pleasant watching :Bulan Bertemu Matahari on TV2

No comments: